Improve the Efficacy of Your Private, Christian, Classical or Charter School with Jenny's Expert Guidance
Hi, I'm Jenny Oby, school consultant. While I'm physically based in Maine and Arizona, I travel anywhere to consult.
If you're looking for a high-level consultancy for your private, Christian, classical, or charter school, I can help.
Read a little more about my background and how I can support your vision for your academy.
Key Competencies / Areas of Specialty:
- Deep and experiential knowledge of K-12 classical curriculum and pedagogy (including classical writing, Socratic seminars, and the Great Books)
- Extensive experience training teachers in classroom management, pedagogy, and curriculum
- Expertise in conceptualizing, re-visioning, executing, and marketing schools and programs
- Deep knowledge of private and charter school issues
- High-level, strategic vision with unique and agile combination of visionary energy, business savvy, and educational best practices to deliver transformative impact
- Honed skills in building transparent, collaborative work culture, as well as team building and team leadership (hiring, inspiring, evaluating, mentoring)
- Expert practice in negotiating wide-ranging views on complex issues
- Proficiency in forecasting, budgeting, and fiscal management/analysis
Here's a Little Bit More About Me:
I'm a visionary, strategic leader commanding 20+ years of progressive success in educational (public, private, boarding, charter) and non-profit settings, and a diplomatic, articulate advocate for school choice.
I'm a dynamic teacher/teacher trainer (Master Teacher of Writing & Literature); a compassionate school counselor (certified K-12); and a principled servant-leader with talent for shaping positive, transparent culture and galvanizing focused, collaborative teams.
The bulk of my work in education was at Erskine Academy (private school in Maine), St. Paul's Prep (private boarding school in Arizona), and the Great Hearts Academies (classical charter schools in Arizona & Texas).As part of my work at Great Hearts, I led the entire social enterprise arm of the company, creating programs that generated millions in revenue and employed more than 250 people.
I also served on the Summative Site Visit Team, which was an executive team designed to bolster school quality through observation, evaluation, and feedback regarding teacher performance, administration performance, mission compliance, and overall school efficacy at every academy.
Additionally, I served on the Arizona State Board of Charter Schools Technical Review Panel for a number of years. Appointed by the Executive Director of the Arizona State Board of Charter Schools, the Technical Review Panel (TRP) is composed of members chosen for their expertise in charter school development, curriculum, business, and finance. Duties include in-depth evaluation of charter school application packages submitted by persons/entities wishing to operate a charter school in Arizona. TRP members score application submissions and provide the State Charter Board with recommendations.
Interested in Working Together?
Contact me today to see how I can help you improve the efficacy of your school. I also provide teacher training in classical curriculum and pedagogy, Socratic seminars, and classroom management.
Initial consultation calls are free, and there is no obligation to work with me.